Traditional Christmas cookies in Croatia. Croatia is in my Bucket List!
Make about 72 pieces
- 600 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200 g of granulated sugar
- 400 g ground Walnuts
- 200 g butter, room temperature
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- powdered sugar for coating
- Combine together ground Walnuts, flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the whole egg, honey, vanilla, butter and work into a dough.
- Wrap the dough in the plastic bag and set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F (180 ° C). Grease the Madeleine molds and sprinkle them lightly with flour. Set aside.
- Break off small pieces and lightly press into the cookie molds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Gently remove from the molds and coat them with powdered sugar while still hot.
Have a recipe to share? You can do so here.